Improving your Shopping Cart is a efficient and clean way of starting your conversion optimization process
The Shopping cart is when the customer has done everything on your website you wanted him to do.
After checking your Funnel optimization on google analytics, you will simply observe an important amount of abandon rate. Improving this shopping cart process is a quick and easy way to get back some money!
Here are a few things observed that can make obstacle to the conversation rate optimization:
- The regular navigation bar ( header and footer ) are too distractive for the end user. Try to keep the navigation clean. Since the customer is on the final checkout process there are perhaps many links not usefull. Focus only on the links involved in the purchasing process.
- Make the button to finalize the order "obvious", it's where you want the customer to click, make it stand up
- Debate on the product listing on the shopping cart linking back to the product page
- Shipping and billing information are the same most of the time, auto-prefill them
- Think about the guest checkout process, if you can, do not ask for password if it's not mandatory
- Less field = better conversion rate. Keep the number of input fields to the minimum
You can test a new shopping cart design randomly buy splitting randomly the traffic 50% to the actual version and 50% to the new one, Wait and check if the conversion rate was included.